Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coupon's

I know a lot of you out there are always looking for a way to save money. Come on really whats a better way to save money then using coupons with your daily, weekly or even monthly shopping. You never have to go overboard like those women on TV. You can start out slow and simple, start making a stockpile of stuff you know you use and will need in the future.

I figured this blog will help those who want to coupon but might find it more work than it really is worth. BUT if you have 30 mins a week to spend with your coupons then you can save up to 10$, 20$ or even more when your shopping. Just think what you can use that extra savings for. How about clothes, a trip, a movie or just extra fun money.

1st: Places to get coupons

-Newspaper (your local and regional paper) I currently only get my local Statesman Journal. Its only 8.88$ a month for the Sunday and Wednesday edition. We have a regional one for 2.00$ an issue. If I find coupons that I know I want more of then I will usually buy another paper or 2. Just double check your papers to make sure your coupons are there.

-Coupon Clipping Sites, these are great when you want a few coupons out of an insert. Most places you can order up to 20 of the same coupon. Some places even do the whole insert if you find that you can use those coupons.

(My Favorite Coupon Sites to buy from, I have only bought off of this one. There are many out there and you just can do a google search.)

-CouponDede.Com



-
Krazy Kims Coupons



-Print Coupons off the web. All you need is a printer no special software. They usually reset once a month and new coupons will show up. Sometimes they will even do new ones through out the month.

-
Coupons.Com

Red Plum

Smart Source

You can even go to the stores websites that you shop and get coupons, Winco will let you print them off the same as Albertsons. Fred Meyer allows you to put in your rewards card info and put the coupons right on the card.

EBAY is another great place to get coupons, they do lots (usually about 100) per auction. You can even get bundles of 1 type of coupons or inserts. Usually no more then going and buying more papers.

2nd: Storage of Coupons

I have tried the little card holder, which didn't work for me. Way to many coupons and I could never find what I wanted when I wanted. You can use a recipie holder and tabs. (My grandparents did this back in the day!) Right now though a coupon binder is the most popular. I have a simple one I got from the store, added a storage pocket. I got cheap tabs and labeled them to what I knew I would use. Then I also got some plastic folders to hold my shopping list and coupons. I take the whole binder with me. I never have to hunt for the coupons I want or need.

3rd: Read the Ads!!

I can not stress this enough, this is the way to make more of your money and coupons. You will have to spend a little time reading store ads either online or from your local paper. You can match up sale prices with coupons, getting you and your family the better deal! Or check out these sites that will do match ups for the week. Then all you have to do is make sure you have the money and coupon.

-
The Krazy Coupon Lady

-Stockpiling Moms

4th: Have Fun!!

There is no need to clear out shelves or even use coupons for stuff you or your family will never use. Just because its a good deal doesn't mean your saving money. Do your research before shopping, check into ads, sales ect. Yes its a little extra time on your part BUT remember you are walking away with more money in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment